- The Tamil Language Unit strives to nurture our students to be confident and competent users of the Tamil Language.
- A myriad of programmes are offered to stoke their interest and joy in appreciating the Tamil Language, culture and traditions.
- The Unit endeavours to develop our students’ character and imbibe in them sound values through literary stories.
- The Reading Programme on Wednesdays encompasses silent reading of books and magazines.
- Digital Reading, ‘Seithi Mediacorp App’ has been introduced to students to make them self-directed readers so that they could develop their language proficiency as well as keep them abreast with current affairs.
- Pongal Festival celebration across school level immerses students in the Indian cultural and traditional activities so that they will appreciate the significance of the Festival.
- Mother Tongue Fortnight Programme creates an authentic environment for our students to learn about Indian culture and traditions.
Achievements and Recognition
- Participation at the North Zone Role-Play Competitions and won consolation prizes.
- Participation in Budding Writers’ and Actors’ National Level Competition organised by MOE. Attainment of Certificates of Accomplishment.
- Collaborated with PMTT & MTTs and executed Tamil Cultural and Literacy Project. Lead Teacher, Mdm Rosina Bakam, shared at the National Platform for the Tamil Teachers’ fraternity.
- Recognised by AST for conducting ‘Connecting the Dots for Diverse Learners’. Facilitation for Tamil Language, Teacher Leaders, which was led by Lead Teacher Mdm Rosina.