- The Chinese Language Unit strives to nurture our students to be confident and competent users of the Chinese Language.
- A myriad of programmes are organised to arouse their interest and joy in appreciating the Chinese Language, culture and traditions.
- The unit aims to develop our students’ character and imbibe in them sound values through literary stories.
- The Reading Programme on Wednesdays encompasses silent reading of Chinese language books and magazines “Douhao” and “Shaonian Wenzhai”.
- Digital Reading, ‘zbschools’ free website had been introduced to students to make them self-directed readers so that they could develop their language proficiency as well as keep them abreast with current affairs.
- Chinese New Year festive celebration across school level immersed students in the Chinese cultural and traditional activities so that they could appreciate the significance of the CNY festival.
- Mother Tongue Fortnight Programme had created an authentic learning environment for our students to learn about Chinese culture and traditions.
Achievements and Recognition
- Participation in the Chinese Language Pen Calligraphy Competition organised by Foguangshi Temple in Term 1. Achieved Commendation Trophy.
- Took part in National Essay Writing Competition organised by Singapore Press Holdings.
- Twelve Sec 3 students took part in the National Essay Writing Competition organised by创意无限”全国儿童故事创作大赛筹委会 and awaiting results now.
- Ten Sec 3 students participated in the National Comic Competition. One of them qualified for the final round.
- Ten Sec 2 Higher Chinese Language(HCL) students took part in the National Self-Guided Tour Training organised by the Sun Yat Sen Memorial Hall. They completed their training and applied their knowledge and skills tour-guiding visitors visiting the Memorial Hall.
- We published a compilation of sixty-six essays of our Chinese Language students. Singapore Speak Mandarin Campaign has funded this project.