- The Malay Language Unit strives to nurture our students to be confident and competent users of the Malay Language.
- A myriad of programmes are offered to stoke their interest and joy in appreciating the Malay Language, culture and traditions.
- The Unit endeavours to nurture our students’ to be Arif Budiman learners as envisioned by the Malay Language teaching fraternity.
- The Reading Programme on Wednesdays encompasses silent reading of books and magazines.
- The unit leverages on the use of our Sastera@SKSS Package as our niche to instill the love of the Malay Language and culture as well as values.
- Hari Raya E-celebration is an infotainment that incorporates the culture aspect that is synonym to Malay celebrations such as Malay Dance and ketupat weaving using coloured paper template as well as informative videos on Hari Raya.
- Mother Tongue Fortnight is a platform to celebrate and reminisce one’s cultural roots that includes the making of Wau, Batik Painting, Jawi Calligraphy and Wayang Kulit.
Achievements and Recognition
- 2 students, Nur Hazwani and Nur Khalishah were appointed as Rakan Bahasa (Malay Language Student Ambassadors) for 2021.
- Our student ambassadors went through virtual training sessions and competed in the NewsMaker competition, a national competition where they produced a 2-minute video about “Malay Legends and Folklore” in Malay language.
- Collaboration with N1 Cluster schools to organise the Karnival Dunia Melayu as well as Malay Language online workshops for students.